Harriers Virtual Mile Handicap, 1-7 June 2020
08 June 2020
26 Harriers lined up for the virtual mile handicap race, as they each ran a socially distanced mile at a time of their choosing.
If everyone had ran an even paced race, then this is how the race would have panned out, with LV60 runner Kathryn Morton the first to start 17 seconds ahead of Caroline Cotterell and Nicola Whiteman.
- 439m Marianne Day catches Nicola Whiteman. 1st KM, 2nd CC, 3rd MD
- 684m Caroline Cotterell catches Kathryn Morton. 1st CC, 2nd KM, 3rd MD
- 1026m Andy Gore catches Marianned Day. 1st CC, 2nd KM, 3rd AG
- 1157m Andy Gore catches Kathryn Morton, 1st CC, 2nd AG, 3rd KM
- 1241m Russell Forsbrook catches Kathryn Morton, 1st CC, 2nd AG, 3rd RF
- 1483m Andy Gore catches Caroline Cotterell, 1st AG, 2nd CC, 3rd RF
- 1560m Russell Forsbrook catches Caroline Cotterell, 1st AG, 2nd RF, 3rd CC
- 1609m Russell Forsbrook and Andy Gore cross the finish line together.
So, for the second time the series, there was a dead heat as club stalwarts Andy Gore and Russell Forsbrook crossed the line 2 seconds clear of Caroline Cotterell. Mark James ran the fastest actual mile time, whilst youngster Ellis Woolley was the fastest lady. Wheelchair athlete Ed Grazier was also in good form on his indoor rollers as he worked his way up into joint fifth place.
After three races of the series Nick Holliday heads the overall standings by just one point from Dave Francis, with Peter Carmichael lying third.
The next race in the series is a 5k between the 15th and 21st June, All club members are welcome to enter and do not need to have raced in the previous races. Entry details are on the club website.