2nd LYDL and 1st Midland Senior League Round Up
31 May 2022
Last weekend there were two brilliant victories for the club with the U13/U15s winning the 2nd Lower YDL fixture and the Seniors winning the 1st Midland League fixture of the year. Here are just a few select highlights…
- Caleb Green won a trio of A events with a PB of 10.4 in the 75m, a PB of 4.78 in the long jump and a win in the 800m.
- Patrick Paul and Teddy Spurr won the A and B 1200m respectively in PBs of 3:41.4 and 3:53.2.
- Jack Johnson won the 75m hurdles in 14.2 (PB)
- Samuel Jeenes won the A javelin adding 81cm to his PB with 23.59.
- 4x100m win in 56.5
- Evie and Olivia Avery won the A 800m and 1200m respectively with Evie running an 800m PB of 2:32.5 and Olivia running 4:08.4
- Megan Amey took the A string 70mH in a Pb of 12.9 and also won the A high jump with a PB of 1.37
- Three strong performances from Oliver Belbeck with A string wins in the 100 and high jump with PBs of 12.0 in the 100m and 1.60 in the high jump, plus a 2nd place finish in the A 300m in 39.9.
- An impressive javelin PB for Charlie Mason with 38.25 to win the A event, plus a shot put PB of 10.24 for 2nd in the B event.
- 4 PBs out of 4 in the 800m and 1500m fordouble A and B 2nd places. Dominic Martin ran 2:09.2 for 2nd in the A 800m with Luke Johnson running 2:19.7 for 2nd in the B. In the 1500m Sam Wilson finished 2nd in the A 1500m in 4:31.9 and Freddie Coombe ran 4:45.5 for 2nd in the B 1500m
- Izzy Cook, Charlotte Smith and Esme Rolfe ran 100m PBs of 13.7, 13.9 and 13.4 respectively.
- Rosie Reynolds threw the discus out to 19.52 to win the A event, plus ran a 300m PB of 47.2 for 4th in the A race.
- Georgia Howell ran an impressive 43.7 to win the B 300m
- Brilliant 100m PB for Lily Marchant to come 4th in the A 100m in 12.8 while still just an U17! Also 100m PBs from Brendon Chirisah (11.1), Philip Hunt (12.5), Alana Hazell (13.8), Jessica Duncton (12.3), Flora Hopcraft (13.7) and Rosie Wood (15.0).
- Marchant added to this with a 200m PB of 26.7. Impressing in the A 200m was fellow U17 Jessica Duncton who won in a time of 25.2.
- Ruby Brook lowered her 400m PB to 58.2 to come 2nd in the A race.
- Harrier women took the A and B victory in the 1500m, 5000m and 2000m steeplechase through Kaitlyn Sheppard, Rachel See, Ella Burfitt, Jane Fairbairn, Kiya Dee and Abigail Thornley.
- Sulaiman Ouiles won the A pole vault in a superb PB of 4.00, he also increased his high jump PB to 1.70
- Alfie Wood and Oliver Spencer won the A and B long jump with 6.92 and 5.38 (PB) respectively
- Annabel Moloney was back to winning ways and back to throwing over 12m with a best of 12.36 to win the A shot put. Ruth Bird won the B shot put with 8.33 as well as winning the A discus with 23.74
- Ben Wade threw a discus PB of 43.43 to win the A event and threw a javelin PB of 41.09 to win the B event.
- Sam Northern was the winner of the A javelin with a best of 52.09
- Harriers finished 2nd in the men's 4x100 and 1st in the womens, plus our women also won the 4x400