365 group (Ages 11-14)
JUNE PARENTS INFORMATION FOR THE 365 GROUPS
- A week of fun athletics in the summer holidays. Forms are available at the stadium but paces are going quickly.
- MID SUMMER OPENS – all details are up on our noticeboard at the stadium, plus they are on our website. They take place on the first 4 WEDNESDAYS of July at the POW. We would like ALL 365 athletes to support these competitions, but advise that they do not do more than 3 events. Ideally a run, jump & a throw but let them choose. We recommend you arrive an hour before the athletes first event to have time to collect their number, visit the toilet, warm up & report in time for their event. To be a member of the 365 group we expect them to have competed at least 3 times in the season. That is the reward to the voluntary coaches!!!
- HELP – would you be willing to help at the MID SUMMER OPENS ? Simple jobs for an hour would be greatly appreciated. Let us know if you can help -date & time.
- Next YDL 18th June at POW – again is there anyone who could help. We need officials ( you will not be in charge of an event but will be asked to do a very simple job e.g. rake the pit), persons who will go round with our club Charity tin. The Senior League got over £78! Runners – this could be athletes not selected for the competition who would then see what happens at the league matches. This would be for an hour. It involves collecting results from the track judges taking them to the timekeepers & then to the results room in the stadium.
- GOOD NEWS – 2 July Gloucestershire Track & Field League for Year 7’s but Elliot has added Year 8’s giving them a 1500m & Long Jump. See the attached detail of the timetable.
We currently have a waiting list for this Group so please do not turn up without the offer of a place via email.
To be added to the waiting list please contact the club via the “Contact” or “Make an Enquiry” link above stating your interest in the 365 Group and adding the prospective athlete’s name, date of birth and preferred training night (Tuesday or Thursday).
This group encourages members to try a wide range of athletic events before they move to the specialist “event” groups of Speed, Endurance, Jumps, Throws or Combined Events.
||Carolyn Franks, Andy Beadle
||Tuesdays & Thursdays
||Prince of Wales, Cheltenham
||During the winter the focus is on fitness, conditioning, endurance and speed as the group particpate in: sportshall, cross-country and indoor track and field events, whilst the summer sees the focus on outdoor track and field events